Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Healthy Lifestyle
Psychiatric rehabilitation is an aspect of treatment that focuses on helping the person suffering from a mental illness to return to an optimal level of functioning and to achieve their life goals.
Not all persons with mental illness require rehabilitation. For many patients, medication or a combination of medication and therapy is sufficient to help them get back to a functional life. For some others, rehabilitation may be that essential part of the treatment cycle.
The rehabilitation process focuses on:
- Assessing what the person is capable of (their skills, strengths and abilities)
- Accepting the limitations caused by the illness
- Identifying the environmental aspects influencing or facilitating a return to a functional life
- With a thorough understanding of these aspects, an Occupational Therapist can identify what support the patient needs in order to get back to a functional life.
We provide the following services:
- Establish a healthy lifestyle with effective habits and routines
- Plan and implement a meaningful activity that will improve your well-being
- Implement a healthy personal care program
- Stay well at work
- Learn evidence-based strategies for managing sleep, stress, fatigue or pain
- Make changes that will enhance your enjoyment and satisfaction with life
- Make a practical plan for moving forward in life